Last Updated on July 7, 2022 by Ithos Global Regulatory Team
The tight labor market hasn’t spared cosmetic brands. We’re constantly hearing from customers who face a perfect storm when trying to hire cosmetic regulatory staff:
- Regulatory expertise is specific to field and product types, limiting the pool of qualified candidates.
- Brands with experienced regulatory staff are offering major incentives to keep them, like remote work and unlimited PTO.
- Demand is high, and supply is low, so experienced regulatory professionals are commanding more money. Six figure salaries are common – and often out of reach for smaller brands and start-ups.
- All the while, continued expansion in both the number and size of cosmetic brands is driving greater need.
- Adding to the pressure, cosmetic companies are facing a constant stream of new regulations, as state and local governments adopt more safety and sustainability requirements.
Many companies – both new and existing clients – are turning to Ithos to bridge the regulatory staffing gaps. Here’s why:
- Affordability: For new and smaller brands, Ithos makes financial sense. Access regulatory expertise at a fraction of the cost of an experienced, salaried employee.
- Technology: Because we own the Ithos Information Network, our online platform, we easily ingrain ourselves in your operation, boosting productivity. The IIN saves time by automating the compliance process, but also capturing institutional history and providing updates and new information.
- Experience: With a nine-person compliance team, we offer a breadth of experience to troubleshoot any regulatory challenge. And we’re always a phone call away.
Increasing regulations across jurisdictions is making compliance more complex – and high stakes – each year. With activist customers, calling out companies on social media for questionable ingredients, claims, or practices, brands are facing far more scrutiny today.
Having the right compliance tools and expertise saves money and boosts productivity, keeping new product launches on track. If you’re facing hiring challenges, let’s talk about ways that Ithos can help fill your regulatory gap.